Energy Assistance Program
The Primary Heat benefit addresses low income households’ ability to maintain affordable and continuous energy by providing grants to lower their energy burden.
Primary Heat can be used for:
- Future fuel costs.
- Arrearages and current bill amounts for electricity and heating fuels.
- Delivered fuel or emergency fuel.
- Fees including pressure tests, leak seek, line bleeding, tank setting, tank rental, membership, after-hours delivery costs, reconnection and service deposits.
- Removal of load limiters.
Crisis Benefit Program
EAP Crisis benefits are used to prevent shut-off of residential energy sources, to reinstate service of residential energy sources, and to enable delivery of residential fuel. Crisis requests must be addressed immediately to avert life threatening and no heat situations.
The Crisis Benefit Program assists Energy Assistance eligible households facing any of these situations:
- Potential electric/natural gas disconnection.
- Less than 20% heating fuel remaining, and are on a cash-only basis with vendor.
- Energy Related Repair
Eligible energy assistance households who own their home (wholly owned or making mortgage payments) qualify for repairs or replacement of non-functioning furnaces.
Energy Related Repair Program
The Energy Related Repair (ERR) benefit is a crisis benefit addressing hazardous and life threatening situations or cases where a home has no heat due to malfunctioning or nonfunctioning heating systems.
ERR funds may serve a household that:
- Is currently eligible for EAP assistance
- Is a homeowner
- Is occupying the dwelling at the time the ERR benefit is determined, and
- Occupies a qualified dwelling
- Has a hazardous and life threatening situation, has no heat, or has a malfunctioning heating system.
Reach Out for Warmth
ROFW income guidelines are somewhat higher than the Energy Assistance program. Reach Out for Warmth (ROFW) is a special fund that helps families with limited resources that are facing any of these situations:
- Potential electric/natural gas disconnection
- Less than 20% heating fuel remaining, and are on a cash-only basis with vendor
- Furnace repair for homeowners